We all carry two lists in our head. The first list contains:
- The lucky breaks I have recieved
- The advantages I have
- My strengths and abilities
- Positive feedback I have received
- Names of friends I can trust
- My education and credentials
- Every nice thing someone has said to me recently
The other list has a different “tone”:
- The obstacles that I face every day
- The dysfunction inherited from my family
- My weaknesses and shortcomings
- Names of people who have done me wrong
- Instances where I am constantly misunderstood
- Known opportunities that I passed up
- Every unkind thing someone has said about me recently
We all have a choice of which list we will read and focus on. When in doubt…when struggling to move forward…which one will you mentally review and use to plot your next steps?
Thanks for listening.
PS: Thank you Seth Godin for inspiring this post!