Sometimes I am involved in a project and it seems to go sideways and anxiety starts to rise. A deadline is missed… costs start to escalate… someone important is unhappy… or something major appears to be falling apart. I start to ask myself:
- What did I miss? Is this a sign that I planned poorly?
- Should I step in and try to correct the problem, or do I let this go?
- Do I need to alert someone, or keep this quiet?
There are a few things I tend to use to assess if my anxiety is warranted.
- Look around. Are others getting anxious too? I have especially learned to seek out the experts I trust and take their temperature.
- Look up. Are people in authority above me getting anxious? Their experience may be needed to see the bigger picture.
- Look ahead. Can I identify how this obstacle affects my end game?
- Look inside. Remember my past experiences. Do situations like this tend to turn out okay? Can I trust that God has my back on this?
I hope these help. What are your tips to address anxiety?
Thanks for listening.