I was talking to a friend of mine about his business…and how it has become his platform to teach leadership. His credibility to coach others comes directly from his past success at launching, growing, and selling his businesses. He has plenty of scars to prove how difficult it is to build a successful business.
Each of us are building our platform…our credibility to be a leader and to invest in others.
What is YOUR platform?
- Your ability to produce (or work)…your output quotient?
- Your relationship and networking skills?
- Your ability to gather and motivate others?
- Your parenting skills?
- Your knowledge? (Subject matter expert)
- Your ability to resolve conflict…your diplomatic skills?
- Your ability to start things that become successful?
- Your ability to grow or build things that others design?
- Your strength and agility? (athletic ability)
If you can’t identify your platform…you might not be building one. Be purposeful and specific at building and protecting your platform.
Thanks for listening.