There are a lot of things that seem to pull my attention away from what is important…and they always invite me to re-focus my attention by worrying about them…
- I worry that there may be too few people to complete the project
- I worry that there may be too many people involved in the project to be cost efficient
- I worry about what others may think of me
- I worry that I may have forgotten to include some important aspect of the budget
- I worry about my father’s surgery that occurred in the middle of the project
- I worry about the next project that might be assigned to me
- I worry about presidential elections
Here is the interesting observation: I don’t have power over any of these things I am worrying about. They are all outside of my control. Therefore, they are a waste of time.
So…why do we worry? Let’s instead spend our energy on something we can affect.
Thanks for listening.