The unfortunate truth about trust is this: You are not entitled to it. No matter what credentials you think you have…they may be insufficient to gain you the access and attention that you desire. Trust is not allocated on any clearly defined scale of “worthiness”.
But, the good news is that you can earn trust.
- You can invest in the community around you
- You can patiently contribute more than you receive
- You can grow in your skills and abilities whether or not anyone notices
- You can show compassion to others and give them access to yourself
- You can demonstrate that the attention spent on you is worthwhile
You are unlikely to command the trust and attention that you want…until long after you think it’s deserved.
Thanks for listening.
PS: Inspired by this post from Seth Godin