…unless I don’t know what the solution is. I can’t begin to count how often I have struggled for hours (or days) to figure something out, only to discover the solution was incredibly simple.
I faced that again this week, trying to discover how to extract information from the database that was urgently needed. After wrestling in my mind for a couple weeks, the answer just popped into my head. DUH!
There are several ways to react to those situations.
- I could allow my emotions to take over…become moody as I struggle to find the answer…and irritate everyone around me
- I could explain to everyone how difficult my job is…and dump the problem on anyone who is willing to listen
- I can ignore it, and wait for someone else to solve the problem for me
- I can push everything off my desk and delay every other project until I figure something out
- I can use it as an opportunity to learn, and ask others how they would solve the problem
Thanks for listening.