I’ve had a couple of projects go sideways on me recently…and it’s because of the same mistake I make (far too often than I care to admit).
In the pace of life that always seems consumed by too much on my task list…I inevitably run across a project that seems small enough to “just wing it”. I end up allowing a hallway conversation to become a decision that lacks clarity. We verbalize our desired goal or objective….but each has a different picture in our head of what we meant.
What was the mistake? I failed to write it down. Clarity in a project comes from:
- Writing down all the goals and the objectives
- Drawing pictures whenever possible
- Show me exactly where you want the tables and chairs for your event
- Show me exactly where you want everyone to stand in the wedding
- Show me exactly where you want the new signage mounted on the wall
- Show me exactly where you want the furniture in your new office
Thanks for listening.