My friend Jimmy reminded me this week about the golden rule of Business. Whenever we are in a tough situation, he always quotes this rule and makes it our top guideline for finding solutions.
The Golden Rule of Business is “Protect the Relationship“
He shared with me again this week: “Relationships come first. You can fix everything else….and it’s always easier to fix everything else if you have protected the relationships in your organization.” By relationships, he is referring to:
- Relationships with the members of your team
- Relationships with members of other teams in your organization
- Relationships with your vendors and suppliers
- Relationships with the local government officials
- Relationships with your customers
- Relationships with your investors
- Relationships with your family
- Relationships with….
Do I need to keep going? Remember that relationships come first. You can fix everything else.
Thanks for listening.