- First ask “What needs to be done?”
- Then ask: “Where can I contribute the best?”
- The final question is “What are the constraints?”
- Aim high and lead
- Keep your goals aligned with your mission and values
- Reconsider all goals after each one is accomplished
- Pursue justice and mercy in your goals
These principals are simple…and you probably nodded your head in agreement without making any commitment to change. Now, go read his entire post! The explanations and illustrations are more important than the bullet points.
Executives who do not ask themselves, ‘What can I contribute?’ are not only likely to be aiming too low, they are likely to aim at the wrong things. (Peter Drucker)
Thanks for listening.