In this post, I confessed my struggles with my inbox. You gave great feedback and I have spent a significant amount of time wrestling with how to improve the way I use the electronic tools at my disposal. This has led me to several conclusions that I have decided to share today.
- I orbit on my smartphone. I need to rely on the tools that exist there.
- I agree with this post – the best productivity improvement comes when I actually decide what I am going to do (and stop thinking about what I should do).
- After reading this post by Michael Hyatt, I have decided to pick Nozbe.com as my one tool for keeping track of my tasks and projects.
- I accept that my greatest challenge is the daily and weekly review. I have to conquer that, or I will fail to improve this process.
It was a hard decision because:
- There is a monthly cost to Nozbe. So, I had to put my money where my mouth is. Note that there is a 60 day money back guarantee.
- The folks at Nozbe give Evernote users a 15% discount off of a Nozbe account! Just use the coupon code EVERNOTE when you sign up for Nozbe to get your discount.
- I really like Evernote, but that tool is better suited for notes and documents than for projects. I need the ability to group comments into tasks and group tasks into projects
- I now need to consolidate all of my multiple systems into this one tool.
If you are also struggling in this area, please follow and read the above links. The posts that I referenced have been very helpful in shaping my perception.
Thanks for listening.