This page contains content that I have offered to share with other churches. We use a Church Management System called MinistryPlatform and most of the data below comes from that system.
I would remind you of my disclaimers. These videos were produced for internal use only (communicating with other members of the staff), and are not intended to be shared or posted in any way.
FYI – I used SnagIt to capture the videos. It is very inexpensive and easy to use. We use it to create short helpful videos that are shared with our staff through our staff helpdesk.
NOTE: These links are password protected to make them not public and not indexed by Google.
“MPUG” is the password (no quotes and case-sensitive),
- Here is a sample dashboard report for senior leadership.
- Here is my PowerPoint Presentation from 2017
- Here is a video of the app we designed to collect and display church stats. The data is stored in a dedicated SQL table and user rights are determined by the campus affiliation of the staff member. Volunteers have a scaled down (entry only) version for entering data for their team and campus. The data is tabulated into a 5 page weekly report that is automatically sent to the senior staff. The report provides a breakdown of attendance by campus and age group. It also provides historical charts (comparisons to prior year), revenue by campus, giving per person, and milestone stats (salvation, baptism, and first-time-visits).
- This video provides an overview of our “participant status” data routines. NOTE: After we set a participant to inactive, we go back and remove the end dates from the age groups for all minor children. This allows the family to seamlessly use the check-in system if/when they decide to return to the church.
- Here, I provide some data and statistics on the movement of people over the past 4 years
- This is a video Josh Walton created to give to our Campus Pastors on the use of a Communications Tool (which replaced the New Message Tool) that we use to contact the Lapsing Participants. This tool is not designed to be shared, but you are welcome to view our requirements document and operational flowchart to see how it works.
- This is another video Josh Walton created for our Campus Pastors. It shows them how to find the report for first time donors so that they can send them hand-written notes. This is a complicated report because:
- There cannot be any mistakes. No one in the household can have ever made a donation, or have any other household activity. This must represent an actual first step in their spiritual journey.
- The Campus Pastor’s needed all Heads of Household listed, but know who actually made the donation.
- We cannot show any giving data, but we chose to sort by donation amount to give the CP some helpful data.
- FYI – The letters are not freeform. The CP’s have worked together to develop a script that protects our culture and values.
- This is an overview of the systems we use for contribution processing. We found it helpful to provide this for the large number of people involved who were unaware of the other systems and how they affect the overall process.
** NEW – Here is the video on how I created this chart on household attendance patterns.