I recently had a chance to meet Tim and Linda as they shared about their marriage journey. It was incredibly powerful. Their journey was a message of breakthrough and hope that would benefit any marriage. I highly recommend them.
Afterwards, I found this reminder about forgiveness in some of their materials:
- Forgiveness is a command (Luke 17:4)
- Repentance does not immediately establish trust or confidence. Trust takes time to develop.
- Forgiveness must be unconditional (not “I’ll forgive you if….”)
- Forgiveness is not a one time thing. It is both an action and a journey.
- Forgiveness is not acceptance of the offense. It does not mean you are willing to “put up” with more.
I hope you find the courage to forgive your spouse today. It may not change them…but it will change you!
Thanks for listening.