Yesterday, I listed a number of different event times that must be managed by the event (or project) manager. Every event time has a set of tasks that each need an owner assigned…else that task is at risk of becoming another “dropped ball”.
An “event flow” is the master plan for our event. It contains items like: “Doors open at 4:45pm” There are many tasks implied beneath that event time.
- Is opening the doors automatic, or does it depend on someone making a call?
- If opening the doors depends on someone making a call, who is going to make that call?
- Once the call is made, who is going to communicate the decision? Who do they tell?
- Which doors should be opened? (All 13 of them? Or just the center doors?)
- How many people does it take to open all 13 doors? Are they ready in time?
Take a close look at your event flow and see if each time (and task) has an owner.
Thanks for listening.