Over the past 22 years as a Christian, I have spent a lot of time praying and worshiping. There have been many instances when I felt the nearness of God and knew He was close and engaged with my life.
However, there have been very few moments when He actually spoke to me – when I heard His voice and knew He was actually reaching down towards me in a personal encounter. Perhaps you have had many…but I’ve had few. Maybe 5-10 at the most.
- The first time was when He revealed Himself and I became a follower
- The next was when He made it clear that I was robbing Him by failing to tithe
- There was another one when He called me to leave my job and give my life to ministry
- I had one this summer when He clarified the importance of my insignificant role in His significant story
- There was another one last Sunday, when He invited me to pour out a drink offering to Him
The life change that followed each of these moments came as a result of my response to His invitation. When God showed up, I took action to obey and follow. I set aside my personal wants and desires and submitted to Jesus.
How about you? When you have that emotional moment, do you take action? Or, do you walk away and allow it to fade into obscurity?
Thanks for listening.