If you actually finish the job, you are a rare person on this earth. Most people think they do…but they really don’t complete all the finishing touches to deliver the project with excellence.
Why not? Because the last 2% is more work than the first 98%.
- Do you prepare for and rehearse conversations before you initiate them?
- Do you regularly proofread your emails and texts, obsessing for clarity before hitting “send”?
- When you make a decision, do you make sure everyone affected is well informed?
- Do you add stories and illustrations to your presentations to make it easier for the listener to stay connected?
- When communicating, do you work hard to remove those details that aren’t helpful to others?
I confess this to be a struggle I have fought all my life…but working hard to give others my best work. Actually, it’s been surprisingly difficult to apply to these posts. It’s easy to toss something out there. It’s harder to give excellence to everything!
Thanks for listening.