Sometimes work feels that way, doesn’t it? Over the years, I’ve been asked to:
- Participate in product development projects that were cancelled and shelved
- Write and rewrite reports until they look just like the original document
- Fetch snacks for a meeting…but they weren’t eaten
- Hurry up and wait (rush on a project and then it stalls)
- Look busy with nothing to do….and then work overtime to complete the project
Is that fair?
Why would I grumble that I am being treated unfairly? Did my employer fail to pay me for my time? Nope.
Why would I let those situations rob me of my joy? Is my self-worth based upon the tasks and projects that I work on? Nope.
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters” (Col 3:23)
Thanks for listening.