We are always under tight deadlines, because time is our most valuable asset. Nothing else compares with the preciousness of our time. Our time cannot be increased. In fact, the clock is winding down on the time left to finish our life work.
So, here are some important guidelines for your work if results matter and you want to make a difference:
- If you make a promise, set a delivery date and meet it. If you don’t set a date, no real promise has been made.
- If you can’t make a date after promising us, tell us early. A well-prepared and executed “Plan B” is far better of a strategy than hope and prayer as “Plan A” fades away.
- If you make a mess, clean it up. If you find a mess that someone else made, clean that up too.
- Big projects are not nearly as important as Big Hairy Audacious Goals.
- If what you’re working on right now doesn’t add to the overall mission, then stop and help someone else who is adding value to the overall mission.
- When you make mistakes, take responsibility and fix them. Then share what you learned.
- If someone else can do it faster, cheaper, or better than you can, don’t hesitate to give it away.
- Talk to everyone as if they were your boss, your customer, the founder, your employee. It’s all the same.
(Inspired and plagiarized from this post from Seth Godin)
Thanks for listening.