Everything comes into existence by one of two methods.
- Design – Created with a purpose, delivered with intentionality
- Default – Left to chance, totally random, lacking intentionality
Some suggest that the world we live in is a result of chance…that it “just happened” as a random event of statistical inevitability. However, I believe that there is a reasonable standard to apply to determine if it was by design or default.
If I am walking in the woods and came upon a watch lying on the ground…and if I was unfamiliar with the technology and had never seen a watch before…I would examine it and determine that it was an object created by design. Its intricate mechanisms would not be something I would expect to randomly come together all by themselves. Since the object appears to have a design, I can correctly infer that there must be a designer!
I see complex and non-random design integrated into every part of the universe. Therefore, I believe the world we live in was created by a designer. This analogy can also be applied to other areas of our lives:
- Great company’s are not created by default. Great company’s are the result of purposeful design. Someone created them.
- Successful leaders are not created by accidents of DNA. They are the result of purposeful investment. Someone influenced them.
- Projects don’t randomly finish on time and under budget. That is the result of purposeful oversight. Someone led them.
- Loving marriages and families are not created by default. They are the result of purposeful intent. Someone sacrificed for them.
Is there an area of your life that you are leaving to chance…to default…to blind luck? How is that working out for you? It’s time to become purposeful in every area that matters.
Thanks for listening.