This past weekend was a an awesome moment. We had a “Sharpie Moment” at two of our newest campuses which are under construction. We gathered to write Scripture and prayers on the floor before it was covered up.
As I drove into the parking lot, I was looking for details that might have been overlooked. I was looking to see if there was something that needed to be “fixed” or “rescued”.
- Do we have enough volunteers serving at the event?
- Do we need better traffic control? Should we have requested help from our traffic officers?
- Is the site safe? Do we need to block off any areas from visitors?
- Do we have enough sharpies?
- Does the sound system work sufficiently for the space?
While I was running through my list, Jason leaned over and started pointing out the God-factor.
- Look at that Volunteer leader on his knees worshiping
- See that family? Their marriage was rescued last month.
- Think back to the old days when we had only 57 people. Would you have ever imagined God’s favor would be this huge?
I was humbled. I began to look for God, and found Him in 200+ people worshiping right in front of me. Fortunately, I was able to stop evaluating and start worshiping. I was able to look for what mattered.
Do you get caught up in looking for the wrong things? I do.
Thanks for listening.