When we are in a groove, it is a great place to be. What does that look like?
- We are working on a project we love doing
- We have the right experience to overcome the obstacles in our path
- The team around us has synergy and enjoys working together
- We take new ground that otherwise could not be conquered
- Something in our soul is refreshed by the challenge
But there is a trade off. Being in a groove doesn’t mean everything is perfect. I think that some people misunderstand this and exit their groove and fail to reach their goals. Being in a groove also means:
- Other things we love are still pushed off the plate. Remember – we can do anything but we can’t do everything! We must say “no” to many desirable things to stay in the groove.
- The obstacles we face in the groove are much bigger than normal. When we are in the groove, we are tackling projects that we would have otherwise avoided.
- The tensions among the team are higher than normal (because of the bigger obstacles). But, our momentum helps carry us through the tension because we are dedicated to achieving the goal.
If you are in the groove, its a fight to stay there and not quit!
Thanks for listening.