You guys have told me to stick with my original material and not just repeat what others say. But, sometimes I read thing’s that are just too good not to share with you!
In this Seth Godin post, he reminds us that this world has a microwave mentality. WE want things FAST. Everyone wants to take shortcuts to “get rich quick”. But the path to real success lies in doing the hard work to enrich ourselves and others. He has this great list of suggestions (with a few small modifications):
- Enrich your world by creating value for others
- Enrich your health by exercising twenty minutes a day
- Enrich your community by contributing to someone, without keeping score
- Enrich your relationships by saying what needs to be said
- Enrich your standing by trusting someone else
- Enrich your organization by doing more than you’re asked
- Enrich your skills by learning something new, something scary
- Enrich your productivity by rejecting false shortcuts
- Enrich your peace of mind by honoring the Sabbath rest
Wow. That is an awesome list! Read them again slowly and pick just one to work on. I have mine. Do you?
Thanks for listening.