Since my career is vocational ministry, most people around me believe that God is in action when a human heart changes from rebelling to submitting. When people (who are in places where their lives are a wreck or a mess) finally understand that they have no power to produce a healthy life, there is a breakthrough. They give their lives over to Jesus and we all acknowledge that God was a participant in that process.
But I am a little different. I see God moving powerfully in places that do not involve human thought or emotions. When something not controlled by human efforts is radically altered by an unseen force, that is when God seems most real to me.
- When my project seems to be spiraling out of control and yet lands successfully across the finish line without any explanation on how it was rescued – God is there.
- When a series of events that are completely unrelated line up on the calendar and accomplish huge kingdom building successes – God is there.
- When a natural event leads to a supernatural awakening – God is there.
Last weekend, God supernaturally orchestrated the intersection of events and projects that were far outside any human control.
- A trip was on my calendar, and it was scheduled before my project began
- My project produced a major deliverable on the morning that I boarded the plane
- And my traveling companion was the most important stakeholder in the project
You can’t make that stuff up. God was there long before I even realized what was going on. He lined up those events without my participation.
Are you paying attention? God is in your projects too. Look for Him. You may be surprised to discover the extent of His handiwork!
Thanks for listening.