In my last post, I announced a huge decision to move from a free wordpress account that was easy to use (but limited in capability) to a self-hosted account. My web site has been down for a week while I’ve been working behind the scenes to make the new site look more impressive.
After a week of sharing zero posts, I am facing a huge decision. Do I continue working to make it “prettier”…or do I publicize my awkward first attempts at design and continue sharing (hopefully) some content that will improve your life.
Seth Godin talks about the fear of shipping. So true. What is my fear?
- I fear that you will wonder why I seem to have taken a step backwards and I’ll look stupid
- I fear that I did something wrong and failed to import all the subscribers
- I fear that will fail to post on my social media accounts
- I fear that something won’t work with the new domains and servers
- I fear that when I hit “publish”, the pressure to make it better will increase dramatically
Fear is a deathtrap to progress. Therefore, I’m going to jump.
What about you? Is fear keeping you from moving forward on your project?
I say “JUMP“.
Thanks for listening.