There are at least two phases to a project:
The Concept Phase is easy. Someone draws on a blank piece of paper (without any obstacles or roadblocks) and they create a plan. It sounds like a great idea…on paper.
But the Development Phase is harder. That is when someone has to figure out how to actually implement the concept drawing.
- We have to find real parts
- We have to use real assembly processes
- We have to get real permits
- We have to obtain real data
- We have to ship by a real deadline
- We have to meet a real budget
The overall process is more complicated when we try to do both phases at the same time (brainstorming what we want to build while arguing over the constraints and roadblocks).
Thanks for listening.