Trust is difficult to cultivate if you don’t know how it works.
- How often do others turn to you when they need someone they can trust?
- How many people can you turn to when you need help?
Trust can be built over time. Trust is the basis we use to build relationships with our team, vendors, and customers. Do you understand how it works? Here a a few basics:
- Understand that trust is a currency that can be built, developed, and traded upon.
- It is tangible and measurable.
- Learn how to purposely test it. You have to know how to measure it.
- Learn to diagnose what happened when you experience a trust breakdown
- Learn to discuss and reconcile the breakdowns. That builds more trust.
I carry such an incredible bank account of trust with others that I can no longer read the balance. When we make this a life-long pursuit, we will develop countless trustworthy relationships. We will become “trust tycoons”… or maybe a “trust-tionaire” (smile).
How about you? How are you doing?
Thanks for listening.