I found a new blog for any who enjoy the science of various project management disciplines. Chuck Snead gave this analogy of the fundamentals we all have to deal with…a great summary of the pieces and parts of a project.
“At the most fundamental level, any project is about moving bricks”
- Charter: To realize that bricks have to be moved
- Scope: To determine where they need to be moved
- Plan: The size of the pile, number of people involved, and how to move them
- Control: To actually move the bricks
- Monitor: To assess the progress as they are moved
- Change: To react to additional bricks
- Closure: To sweep up when done
Thanks for listening.